Responsive Website Design Reaches Your Audience Anytime, Anyplace, on Any Device
Google recommends responsive website design as the best industry practice for businesses. Click on the graphic above for a larger view.
According to Gartner, 2013 is the year when people access the web more from their mobile devices than their computers. This makes it essential for all businesses to ensure their websites adapt to mobile devices including Android and iPhones, iPads and tablets, as well as desktop and laptop computers. Google recommends responsive website design as the best industry practice for businesses.
In case you missed it, responsive website design is a new way to build websites that will look perfect on any computer or mobile device. How important is having a responsive website for your business? Consider the following statistics from Google:
- 75% of customers prefer a mobile-friendly website
- 61% of customers who visit a mobile-unfriendly website are likely to go to a competitor's website
- 38% of people say speed is the most important factor when using the mobile web
- 61% will leave if they don't see what they're looking for right away on a mobile website and will quickly move to another website.
Considering more people are now accessing the web from their mobile devices, you're probably already losing business. Following are four benefits for having a responsive website:
- Optimizes website experiences across different screen sizes without creating multiple websites.
- Responds to screen size and orientation to adjust images, template layout and content visibility.
- Harness touch screen capabilities such as dragging and swiping.
- Makes it easier for people to share and link to your content.
Having a responsive website that is mobile-friendly ensures you're reaching your widest possible audience, which translates into a better bottom line. Designsite has been a proponent of responsive website design and a leader in designing exceptional websites for Fairfield County areas including Fairfield, Westport, Southport, Greenwich and Stamford CT.
Designsite is an award-winning design firm based in Fairfield, CT. Our expertise includes branding and corporate identity, user experience design, responsive web design and development, iPhone, iPad and Android app design, social media marketing, and search engine optimization. For more information, please call us at 203.372.2912 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org